Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Call Uncle...the sequel

Otherwise known as "Don't Screw With Karma"

Anyone who read this, knows I was having a bad day a couple weeks ago...or at least I thought I was. I have since learned that the situation could get much worse. My last remaining healthy relative on my Dad's side of the family was just diagnosed with returning uterine cancer. Looks like I am facing 3 different family members having 3 major surgeries over the course of the next two months. I will also have 2 of them facing extensive cancer treatment and in addition, my Dad still can't be left alone. Did I mention that none of the 3 patients live in the same area, nor do any of them live near me...the closest is over an hour away. Oh and by the way...I'm scheduled to leave for a week in Alaska in a month. Can you say overwhelmed???

Soooo, as for my previous post I would hereby like to apologize to karma for invoking it's name in a mocking manner. Won't happen again. Seriously. I'm really sorry. So am I forgiven? No more bad news? Can I go outside without fear of being struck by lightning, cause I'm kind of hungry?

Joking aside, things are moving along OK on the medical front. The step-mom's breast cancer is small and treatable. Hopefully her health stays stable long enough to effectively do so. The real scare at the moment is the aunt's cancer diagnosis. We are probably a week away from having a real picture as to the extent of what we are dealing with and let me tell you, the dark places for this diagnosis are very bad places to be. We just have to soldier on this week without getting too morbid.

I'm still working on my cancer jokes as the silver lining is becoming ever more elusive.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

karma is a trick thing, one that should NOT be made fun of....course, I see you figured that out already

sorry to hear about all your medical family issues..........I hope it all works out...

:)

honestly just stumbled across your blog, read and enjoyed it, hence the reason for my commenting

Heather said...

Thanks for the kind words and karmic advice. It will all work out in the long run because...well, it has to. Right?

Glad you stumbled by.