Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

In honor of Independence day, here are my answers to a 4th of July quiz I heard on the radio today:

Question 1: What do you like most about America?

Answer 1: I love the creativity of the American people. I think stems from the many freedoms that we take for granted. Somehow we have fostered a culture where we really believe that there is no problem for which we can't create a solution. As a result, we occasionally stumble across truly ingenious solutions to age old problems. We also occasionally invent really cool, creative mops that sell on tv for $19.99 at 2:00 in the morning.

Question 2: What would you most like to change about America?

Answer 2: If I could change anything, it would be to make the voting public realize that we have more power and control over our government than we seem to think we do. I am always amazed to hear people talk about "the government" as some opressive dictator that runs their lives. When will people realize that our elected leaders and establishments can only have as much power as we are willing to hand over to them. We are currently handing that power over through our apathy.




I had a fun quiet day and managed to snap some firework pictures.

Thought I would share a few of my favorites, enjoy:

Fireworks

Fireworks

Fireworks

No comments: