Monday, February 04, 2008

I don't know what to believe in anymore

I was cooking dinner the other night - rice with a honey vinager sauce, some steamed vegetables...a normal dinner around my house. As I was making the sauce I noticed a fly circling the kitchen and occasionaly making a dive for the vinegar. It struck me as strange given that there was honey out as well, but that fly just kept going for the vinegar.

I though for a moment and then did what anyone would have done in the situation. I put out one bowl of honey, another bowl of vinegar and left town for the weekend. What's that you say? You don't know anyone who would do that? Now you're just messing with my head.

So I returned home tonight and to my surprise I found three little flies floating atop of my bowl of balsamic vinigar and an untouched bowl of honey.

There you have it...You catch more flies with vinegar than you do with honey.

Now I suppose you are going to tell me that you don't know anyone who would have taken a picture and blogged about it either. Yeah right.

You really don't want to know why I took this picture...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog in a random google search. It would seem that maybe that old saying is not about Balsamic vinegar—a much more sweet smelling vinegar than apple cider or white. This is just a guess but maybe the strong smell of the sweet balsamic overpowered the honey? You could try putting a bowl of white vinegar next to honey and see what happens.

Brittany